Affordable Hardware and Firmware Design
- Avoid convoluted setups
- Offload processing to microcontrollers for better results
- Precision control over processes and experiments
- Data logging
- USB - PC interfaces
Features and Capabilities
- Microcontroller / Microprocessor based embedded designs
- Wireless Communications
- Printed Circuit Board Design, Layout and Soldering (Including Surface Mount Components)
- Precision Machining and Mechanical Engineering Services
- USB Communication for Battery Charging and PC Interface
- Portable, Standalone Systems or Data Loggers with PC control
Examples of Devices and Systems We Have Created
USB Digital Waveform Generator
This is a stimulator with 8 independent channels. The waveforms for each channel are designed on an intuitive graphical interface running on a PC, which are then transferred to the embedded microcontroller for accurate timing. Waveforms can be periodic (defined by period and duty cycle) or stochastic (based on a text file that contains interpulse intervals). For electrophysiological applications, interpulse intervals can be derived from a pre-recorded spike train, allowing "playback" of a spike train by a live cell.
High-Speed Voltage Command-to-PWM LED Driver
Analog voltages are converted to LED brightness by a microcontroller, using a 2 kHz Pulse Width Modulated signal. Four high brightness (3 W) LEDs are independently controlled for color mixing. Setup parameters are controlled by menu and LCD screen on front panel or by a USB interface to PC.
Fixed Stage System for Upright Microscope
Custom system to allow rapid, repeatable access to micropipettes on a dual patch clamp recording setup.
See the plans